Monday, September 14, 2009

I can see improvements

I am very happy where I am with my riding.  I am having such a good time and I see myself getting serious about this sport.  Like i've stated earlier, I started back in the 80's with BMX and Freestyle and that inner biking kid is coming right back to life.  The best part about this is that I can literally see my weight dropping off and my stamina building day after day.  For example, yesterday I only had time to do a quick 4 mile loop and it felt good but I knew I had more in me.  This morning, first thing I did was go back to that park and do another 4 mile loop.  I had a day full of wedding planning to get done and when that part was done I decided to go biking some more.  I went back to Forbidden Drive along the Wissahickon here in PA and did a 10 mile loop.  I didn't go into the mountain trails as it rained the last few days and I didn't want to damage any trails.  I stayed on the main gravel trail and got a great workout.  That is the first time I do 10 miles baby!!!!  I enjoyed it thoroughly and didn't want to stop.

What a great way to exercise and enjoy mother nature.  Best of both worlds here.  I've been doing this for a total of 1 month now and will not put it down anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment