Tuesday, September 8, 2009

SportRack 2 Bike Hitch Mount Rack


Last week I decided to go out and finally purchase a bike rack for my Yukon.  Yes, I could fit the two bikes in my truck but I got tired of folding down tne second row seats and removing the third row seats.  Yes, the bikes fit with the third row seats in place, but, mud would get everywhere.  This got old very quickly.  I started looking into hitch mount racks for my Yukon and found this one.  It is the SportRack 2 Bike Hitch Mount Rack.  First of all it's a Tray mount rack meaning that there are trays on the rack that hold the bikes by the wheels.  The bikes do not hang by the top tubes or frames like tradditional racks.  To me, this is a better way to do it.  I don't like my bikes getting scratched or have them swinging into each other or the truck.  This was the bike rack for me.  Another huge plus was the price.  Only $134.95 which is cheap compared to other racks of this style.  The reviews were great so I wasn't too worried that it was this inexpensive for a reason.  The rack was easy to put together and to mount to my truck.  Now the Yukon has a 2" hitch so I had to use the included adaptor.  With the anti-rattle bolt installed, the rack is very solid and feels like part of the truck.  I used it localy for a week and worked flawlessly.  Okay, here comes Labor Day Weekend.  I am currently working in Ambler, PA and I had to go to Mt. Olive, NC as I am in the middle of planning my wedding and we needed to get some venues locked in.  So, I loaded up the bikes and off we went (my fiance and I).  I drove around 1,000 miles with the bikes on the rack and it performed flawlessly.  Check it all out last night after arriving back to PA and everything was good to go.  Nothing came loose, nothing was wore out and I couldn't be any happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment